Hi all! Cassi here popping in for a little news!
On the 23rd of this month The Crafty Crow is going to be three months old! To celebrate...we are having a contest! A Funny Food contest! There are five different categories with a different judge for each category:
#1 - all fruit
#2 - all vegetables
#3 - breakfast
#4 - lunch/dinner
#5 - sweets
Each winning family will receive a tote bag stuffed full of craft supplies, a handmade ribbon, a special button to put on your blog and of course a feature here on The Crafty Crow! (If you have something you would like to contribute to the winners' bag of goodies please email me!) If you want to participate, and I hope you will, read all the way through the rest of this post for the details!
•you will need to have a blog to participate
•only three entries per family will be allowed
•all entries should be original designs
•entries should be made by kids or by kids with their grown-up helpers (especially if using sharp instruments!)
•pictures of your entry need to be posted to The Crafty Crow Funny Food Contest Flickr group with the appropriate tag added so our judges can locate all the entries in their category - you must have an account at Flickr to participate but a basic account is free
•each design can only be entered into one category
•in the description of your entry please list the foods used and any helpful tips for others to recreate your masterpiece
•judges may only enter categories that they are not judging ;)
•all entries are due by June 22
•judges will choose their top 5 choices in their category and results will be announced on the 24th
•public voting begins on The Crafty Crow from June 24th through the 26th (you do not have to enter to vote)
•winners will be announced on June 27th!
and I've saved the most important rule for last:
You must have fun!!
Vertumnus by Giuseppe Arcimboldo
How it goes:
1) Pick a category and start creating.
2) Take some nice clear pictures - maybe a detail shot and views from two different angles - and upload them to the Crafty Crow Funny Food Contest Flickr group. (Join Flickr first if you don't already belong.)
3) When you upload your pictures assign the tag word for the category that you are entering:
category #1 all fruit - tag word is: CCFFCfruit
category #2 all vegetables - tag word is: CCFFCvegetables
category #3 breakfast - tag word is: CCFFCbreakfast
category #4 lunch/dinner - tag word is: CCFFClunchdinner
category #5 sweets - tag word is: CCFFCsweets
4) Add a food list and helpful hints in the description of your entry.
5) Complete your entry before the deadline, June 22nd.
6) Visit The Crafty Crow between June 24th and the 26th and vote on the top five choices in each category.
7) Visit The Crafty Crow on June 27th to see the winners!
Need some inspiration?
So hurry and get going with your funny food creations and I'll be back to my regular posting on Monday!
Photo credit: The adorable funny salad face pictured above is from Jenny Harada!
Contest format borrowed heavily from The Softie Awards.